Spring 2014 Dates to Save
- January 31, 12:30 PM, Dr. Peter Velazquez, Amgen Corp., in Broome 1750 (NOT ELD!)
- February 14, 12:30 PM, Mark Rafter
- February 28, 12:30 PM, Cynthia Flores
- March 14, all day, UCSB Graduate School Visit
- April 4, 12:30 PM, Saemi Oh
- April 18, 12:30, TBA
- April 26, all day: Diversity Forum, Cal Poly Pomona
- May 9, 12:30 PM, LSAMP Goal-Setting & Closing Celebration
- May 10, noon, SAGE Research Forum, Broome Library
Of course, we’ll continue a variety of professional development activities during seminars that have STEM speakers as the main part of the agenda.
Initiated in 1994 with support from the National Science Foundation (NSF), the California State University Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (CSU-LSAMP) is a statewide, comprehensive academic support program dedicated to increasing the number of graduating individuals who has faced or face social, educational, or economic barriers to careers in the STEM disciplines from CSU campuses with a baccalaureate degree in the STEM disciplines. The program focuses on strengthening the mathematical skills of these students and continues to support them as they prepare to apply to graduate programs.