For Next Week:
- Check out these lists of interview questions. Teacher specific questions are here, college graduate questions are here, Microsoft questions (and answers) are here, and general interview questions are here.
- Look over these questions and think about answers to ones you find interesting or challenging. There are a lot of questions, so you obviously won't try to answer all of them. (I mean that!) But do think about some of them before Wednesday.
For Mar. 7:
- Check out advice on crafting a good resume here (scroll down to resume section), here, and here.
- Write a beautiful draft of your resume for a particular category of jobs or internships or whatever it is you think you'll need a resume for.
For Feb. 22:
- Find a mathematician, past or present, who has a characteristic you value about yourself in common with you. Post a summary of the biography on the blog, pointing out the common characteristic and why it's important to you. Post a photo of the mathematician if you can find one online. Also, be prepared to share the biography in class on Wednesday. You can create 2-3 slides to support your presentation if you like.
- Post a brain dump of your resume on Facebook.
For Feb. 8:
- Bring in a draft of your letter of intent for one of the summer opportunities you found. Or bring in a cover letter for a job you want.
For Feb. 1:
- Join Facebook group: Spring 2012 Senior Seminar.
- Write your Path to Math and post on Facebook page.