You can get
Wall Street Journal and some other newpapers from
Factiva, ABI/Inform, and Proquest Newspapers.
- ** Harland Cleveland, "Information as Resource,"
The Futurist, December 1982, 34-39.
You've got to find what you love,' Jobs says, Commencement address by Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer and of Pixar Animation Studios, delivered on June 12, 2005
- Can Steve Jobs save the iPod?
- The genius behind Steve:
whiz Tim Cook run the company someday?
- Steve's leave: What does it really mean?
- Silver, Mark S., Markus, M. Lynne, and Beath, Cynthia M., "The
Information Technology Interaction Model: A Foundation for the MBA Core Course,"
Management Information Systems Quarterly, volume 19, no. 3, September 1995, pp.
361-390. (an excerpt)
- Nicholas Carr, "Does IT
Matter," Harvard Business Review, May 2003, pp. 41-48. (CSUCI Library Online Database) and
- **Michael Hammer, "Reengineering Work: Don't Automate, Obliterate" 1990,
Harvard Business Review, Jul/Aug90, Vol. 68 Issue 4,
pp. 104-112. (CSUCI Library Online Database)
- ACM Computing Curricula 2005
- IS Curriculum Structure and Content (and Career Track)
- HTML Tutorial:
- Choo, Chun Wei,
The Knowing Organization: How Organizations Use Information to Construct Meaning, Create Knowledge, and Make Decisions (eBook from CSUCI Library)
Henderson and Venkatyraman,
Strategic Alignment: Leveraging Information Technology for Transforming
Organizations, IBM Systems Journal, 1999.
Rules by Carl Shapiro and Hal R. Varian, Harvard Business School Press,
1999. (Google book) Apply economic theories to information-based products.
and part of chapter 1)
- **Blown to Bits: How the New Economics of Information Transforms
Strategy Read Chapter 1 at least.. (Google Book) by Philip Evans and Thomas S. Werster, Harvard
Business School Press, 2000.
- Philip Evans and Thomas S. Werster, "Strategy and the New Economics
- How Apple Could Mess Up, Again (Business Week article 2006)
Globalization...2008: Continuous change
PriceWaterhouseCoopers Technology Forecast)
- Fair Information Practice Principles at
Triumph of the Nerds
Playboy Interview with Steve Jobs (1985)
'Steve Jobs': Profiling An Ingenious Perfectionist (Radio program)
How Steve Jobs Changed The World Of Design
- Michael Porter,
"Strategy and Internet,"
Harvard Business Review, Mar. 2001, Vol. 79 Issue 3, pp. 62-78
- Michael Porter,
"The Five Competitive Forces That Shape Strategy," Harvard Business Review;
Jan 2008, Vol. 86 Issue 1, pp. 78-93.
- Robert S. Kaplan and David P. Norton, "Mastering the
Management System," Harvard Business Review; Jan 2008, Vol. 86 Issue 1,
Strategy in a Networked World (or Why Michael Porter is Wrong about the
Business Process Management
INNOV8, the IBM Business Process Management (BPM) simulation game
Unit 2: Database and Business Intelligence
- 7-Eleven CIO Discusses Business Intelligence
- SQL Server Express 2008
- Diamonds in the Data Mine by Gary Loveman, Harvard Business Review, May 2003,
pp. 109-113. (Harrah's Entertainment)
- Data mining
MIS/IT Related Web Sites
- All Things Digital (WSJ)
- CIO Magzine
- Information Week
- Computer World
InfoWorld a great online source for
information pertaining to MIS happenings
MIT Technology Review
Wired Online Magazine
Tech Republic: Provides advice on
best practices and tools for the day-to-day needs of IT decision-makers.
- Free Web authoring tool (NVU)
- Fix this Web site
- World Wide Information Growth Ticker
- Google AdSense
- Left Brain vs. Right Brain
- http://www.prosper.com/ Peer to peer
- http://www.quibids.com Penny Auction
60 cents per bid
- http://priceline.com and
- http://info.med.yale.edu/caim/manual/ We site design
- web 2.0 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2.0
- 10 Dotcom busts.
- Search Engine Optimization
- http://www.thesocialnetwork-movie.com/ and
- Ma Yun (Jack Ma) - Alibaba Group CEO (Interview of Jack Ma at Web 2.0 Summit)
(A Case Study)
‘Scrapers’ Dig Deep for Data on the Web and
What Do They Know at http://blogs.wsj.com/wtk/
U Luv Texts, H8 Calls, We Want to Reach Others But Not to Be Interrupted,
An E-Commerce Case
- An interesting report worth reading reading if you have time.
http://www.fcic.gov/ or get he report directly from the following link.
Download Full Report with Dissents (PDF)
p. 87 in the pdf file or p. 59 in
- Why I sold to Amazon: 3 startups' stories
- http://www.thesocialnetwork-movie.com/ Read the
(Facebook and revolution)
- http://www.wokai.org/about (An
example of a social business)
- Web's 'Content Farms' Grow Audiences For Ads at
ERP & CRM & SCM
SCOR 90 Overview Brochure
The Supply Chain Operations Reference-model (SCOR) is a process reference model
that has been developed and endorsed by the Supply Chain Council
- What is the "true story" about using data mining to identify a relationship
between sales of beer and diapers?
The Mythical Man-Month
- HIS, http://www.healthmgttech.com/
- Technology Review from MIT
- Etsy: Buy and sell handmade or
vintage items, art and supplies
- Global data storage
calculated at 295 exabytes from BBC News on Technology
- Gizmodo is a gadget blog.
- Computer and Information Systems
Managers Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition
- Information Technology
Association of America : Trade association
representing the broad spectrum of the world-leading U.S. IT industry.